5 Commandments of Sale Shopping8:52:00 pm
I’ve got great plans for tomorrow – my sis and I are going on a girls-only shopping trip, yippeeee!!! Cub will be with my mom the whole day, which is a win-win situation for both of them :-).
Since I don’t want to commit my previous shopping sins yet again, I thought I’d come up with some commandments and ensure that I stick to them. So here is what I came up with:
- Thou shalt not be swayed by offers like ‘buy 1 get 1 free’ unless thou has actually spotted 2 items thou likes in that rack, before spotting the offer sign.
Image Courtesy: auctions.overstock
- Thou shalt not try on clothes thou doth not intend to buy and thus hog the trial rooms when there are several other impatient maidens waiting outside.
Image Courtesy: lifeofpri.blogspot
- Thou shalt not buy clothes simply because they are marked down. To confirm, just ask the garment in question, “Do I love thee so much that I would buy thou even if thou weren’t on sale?”
Image Courtesy: shopping
- Thou shalt pause before heading to the cashier and look into thy shopping bag. Look at each garment and ask “Wilt thee turn into clutter once in my wardrobe, or wilt thee be happily worn many times in different ways?”
Image Courtesy: books-online-store
- Thou shalt make a list and a budget and thou shalt stick to it. If necessary, thou shalt check thy purchases before leaving every store to stay on track.
Image Courtesy: englishjab.blogspot
I hope my attempt at Middle English ‘thou’ language isn’t too jarring, just thought of trying it since I had titled the post ‘5 commandments’ :-)
Hope everyone’s having a great weekend!! Enjoy!!