Recipe for the Week - Honey Crunch Oatmeal9:19:00 am
There are a lot of people I know who don’t really like eating oats; they just force themselves to do it for health’s sake (E.g. My Mom :-)). The Cub is an exception, he just loves oats. He’s been having it ever since he was a little baby and it’s his most preferred breakfast item today!!! Here is his favorite version, with another really healthy ingredient, Dates – Honey Crunch Oatmeal.
What you’ll need (1 serving):
- ½ cup oats
- 4 fresh dates
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
What you’re going to do:
1. Pit and chop the dates into small pieces.
2. Put the oats along with ½ cup water into a saucepan and cook.
3. When the water is absorbed and the oats are mushy, add the dates and milk and continue to cook on high heat, stirring continuously till the oats are completely cooked.
4. Transfer the oats into a bowl and stir in the honey and peanut butter. Mix well.
5. Top with the flaxseed and serve hot.
This recipe is a participant for the HLI-DATES event at Aarthi’s blog Munch Munch Crunch Crunch
and also for the Healthy Lunchbox Ideas (HLI) event at Kalyani’s blog Sizzling Tastebuds.