Birthday of the Hubs, and first Outfit Post of the Year!

10:28:00 am

It was Mr. Tiger’s birthday on Sunday, and we had a quiet little celebration at home. My in-laws came over and we had a biryani feast for lunch. Remember my recipe here? Just substituted chicken with lamb. And I’m proud to say that I controlled my portions :D.

This is what I gifted hubby dear:



Arber Eau De Toilette from The Body Shop. He’s been thinking of buying a perfume for a while, and I thought it would make the perfect gift :-). So this year was comparatively easy. I usually rack my brains every time it’s my Dad’s/Bro’s/Hubby’s birthday. Men are just sooo difficult to gift!!!

It’s got a nice masculine fragrance, not too strong, but just right. Now I feel I should have also got him the Hair and Shower Gel in the same range!!

I dug into my wardrobe and found this old patchwork skirt. It’s a hand me down from my sister, who hates, yes-hates skirts. My Mom got it for her from Bangkok and it languished in her wardrobe, and then I rescued it and then it languished in mine, a poor abandoned wardrobe orphan. Then I found another orphan, and voila! Now, they’re a family!!


FrillyTop: Pantaloons
Patchwork Skirt: Bangkok
Wooden Bangles: Exhibition and Fabindia
Beaded Necklace: aLL (a Little Larger)

The pic above came out a bit weird because I was in the middle of doing a curtsy and my hubs clicked away.


I teamed it with another long unworn beaded necklace and stack of wooden bangles. I love seeing other bloggers make stacks of bangles, but I'm kind of new to it. I also rearranged all my necklaces on hooks during the weekend, so now they are visible whenever I open my wardrobe!

I loved wearing this skirt. In fact I love all skirts and wonder why I don’t wear them often. Hmm...I can feel a fashion resolution coming up :). I guess pants/jeans/churidars are more practical when I’m out and about.

Do you have a particular love or hatred for skirts? Let me know!!

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. o wow!! Best wishes for ur hubby......and I've never eaten Chicken Biryani yar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aaliya!! If you're non vegetarian, you've GOT to try Chicken Biryani!! You don't know what you're missing :)

      Delete
    2. I'm vegetarian but i want to Change for my BF who's a Muslim guy n his family is non vegetarian.

      Delete
    3. In that case, for now, you can always do with some aromatic vegetable pulao and a cooling raitha, one of my many comfort foods :)

      Delete
    4. Good idea. Thanks you so much.... but i will try non veg..

      Delete
  2. I used to hate Skirts..."used to" cause I am lil more open to experimenting now. Skirts are extremely difficult to manage especially during travels....and Im very conscious while wearing skirts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with the 'difficult' part...that's what's stopping me from wearing more of them, especially with the potholes and things we have in India. Wear them mostly for house parties and similar events now :(

      Delete
  3. I love love skirts..they were my daily wear when I was on the skinnier side (which I am not now anymore :( ).They are airy and more breathable than jeans and I find them perfect for the humid Indian climate.
    Ah...do wish you hubby a very happy birthday(belated of course) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Airy and breathable, exactly!!!! You have given me a good reason to stock up on skirts for the summer!!

      Delete
    2. good!! Am waiting to see more skirts from your closet. Forgot to say,I have a similar one green in color,somebody gifted it to me years back (but I like your's more,its brighter) :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, do an outfit post with it!! I love seeing how other bloggers style skirts!!

      Delete
  4. That is a GORGEOUS Skirt!!!

    Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby! :)

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanvi!! I love it too (the skirt, and yes, the hubby too)!!!

      Delete
  5. that's a beautiful skirt :) belated birthday wishes to your hubby :) a very thoughtful gift too :)

    Ho and I tried your microwave cake...it came out well and everyone liked it a lot.... my first cake ever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ramya!! Cool, and congratulations on succeeding on your first attempt!! My first was not so lucky :)

      Delete
  6. cool post...i love biryani but sad i end up not-controling my portions..
    http://megaliving.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same problem I have. Now, I don't make it that often just to avoid over eating ;-)

      Delete

Blog Archive