Recipe for the Week - Microwaveable Nutella Mini-Cake11:05:00 am
Ha! My first recipe of the year!! Ok, before I start: this is a high calorie dessert, and before you remind me of my resolutions; this was made for my son. This is actually a very slightly modified version of the famous Nutella Mug Cake from here. I used a bowl instead of a mug, and cut down the sweetness a bit. I also had to cook it for longer.
I loved the moist sponginess of the resulting cake. Do try it out; I’m sure you won’t be disappointed :-)
Remember those days when you just want a piece of chocolate cake, like, now, and can’t go through the whole circus of sieving/whisking/baking/cleaning up?? Well, this is the answer to those days :-).
What you’ll need:
- 4 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- a tiny pinch of salt
- 2.5 tbsp caster sugar
- 2.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
What you’re going to do:
- Put all the ingredients into a medium sized microwaveable bowl. Ensure that the bowl is more than just large enough to hold all the ingredients together.
- Whisk everything together with a hand whisk. (No need for the electrical contraption, manual will do)
- Microwave for 2 – 3 minutes, depending on the wattage of the microwave. (Mine required 3).
- Scoop out from the bowl and serve or upturn on a plate as I did, for a more cake-y style :-).
- Eat as is or with ice cream as Cub has done. (Yup, he's still with ice cream)
(Sorry for the crappy pics, I made it towards evening and the sun was beginning to set)
Can you honestly find a cake recipe easier than this? This is supposed to be a single serving as per the original recipe, but realistically speaking, it is way more than that. I’d say that at least 4 people can have a comfortably sized slice from this entire cake. You can, of course, customize it to your liking – whipped cream, nuts, chocolate sauce, strawberries and so on and so forth.
This recipe is a participant for the ‘Dish Name starts with N’ event at Akila’s blog, ‘Learning to Cook’.