My new House Guests!!

4:17:00 pm


We have two balconies in our apartment, one of which serves as our clothes drying area. Lately, whenever I go open the door to that balcony, a pigeon goes flying out, its wings fluttering noisily away. Being ornithophobic , this makes my heart beat faster and I’ve been a little fearful of entering the balcony since.

I initially thought the pigeon was just using the place as shade against the hot sun, but yesterday, after the bird flew away, I moved in a little closer and this is what I found:


A little nest with two teeny meeny eggs!! The smart Mommy bird found a cool, shaded place amongst the old cardboard boxes and made an oval shaped nest in the available rectangular space!! Talk about making lemonade out of lemons!!

When I showed it to our maid, (who, by the way, was supposed to have noticed it earlier considering it’s a place she always ‘cleans’), she said it was probably the same bird that got chased away a few days ago from another flat in the building. Anyways, I really can’t do anything till the little birds are hatched and learn to fly by themselves. Till then, my new house guests can enjoy my hospitality!!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Aww that is so cute!! I remember having sparrow eggs on my window sill sometime back. I used to love the chirping of the li'l birdies after they were hatched :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww....yes, I hope baby birds don't creep me out like the big ones :-).

      Delete
  2. Oh they so cute...Lokks like easter is visiting u...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh poor birds.. leave out some water for the bird..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab... we had a pigeonlay eggs all the time in the balcony pot, although it appears cute, that place become a poop explosion, errrr!!! And the pigeon got lazy and so did the baby pigeons, they would only rely on us giving them food and water. Our balcony corner became a poop haven, and i had to slowly shoo them away once they were big enough.... BTW your discout coupon for craft supplies is ready! Woohoo, chk the fanpage on facebook https://www.facebook.com/mommygyan/app_174961479209942

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for the discount coupon!! I was actually looking for some pipe cleaners, they aren't available anywhere! And yes, I've left the birds to their own devices; the minute the little birds are ready to fly, I'm going to chase them away and get down all those boxes!!

      Delete
  5. That's really cute! Chag Sameach!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete