The ‘Liebster’ Award!!

11:33:00 am

The brains behind ‘Dreams n Drama’, Swarnali and Arpita, have nominated my blog for the ‘Liebster’ Award!! ‘Liebster’ is a German word which means ‘favorite’ or ‘beloved’. Thank you so much guys!! ‘Shocks and Shoes’ is a happy little blog now!


Rules of the tag:

1. If tagged, or nominated, you have to post eleven facts about yourself.

2. Then you answer eleven questions the tagger has asked you and you post eleven questions for people you are going to tag.

3. Tag eleven bloggers (with no more than 200 followers)

4. Tell people that they have been tagged.

5. No tagging back.

Ok, now for eleven facts about myself, you can look here. To the best of my knowledge, nothing in that has changed :-).

Answering Arpita’s questions is going to be a lot of fun, they’re all Harry Potter related and they made me take a walk down memory lane.

The other rules are kinda tough. You see, No. 5 sort of nullifies the rest. Everyone I would like to tag have already been tagged. So let’s leave it at that :-).

Ok, Arpita’s questions:

Q1. The Mirror of Erised shows us what our deepest desire is. What would you see if you looked into it?

I think it would show me as a Super Mom, having a great job, happy family, clean home and doing it all in style. Sigh!

Q2. A Dementor reminds us of our most painful memory. What would you remember if a Dementor approached you?

I think I would remember some very hurtful things people have said to me in the past.

Q3.  A Patronus charm helps us fight off a Dementor; we need to think of the best memory we have, in order to cast the spell. Which memory would you think of?

Weekends when I was little. Feeling safe and protected and happy, and enjoying biryani and a good movie with my family.

Q4. The possessor of the Deathly Hallows becomes master of Death. The Deathly Hallows are the Elder Wand (the most powerful weapon on earth), the Resurrection Stone (which will bring someone back from the dead) and The Cloak of Invisibility (which will make you invisible for as long as you wear it). Which one would you choose, and why?

If I remember correctly, things didn’t end well for the possessors of the Deathly Hallows. So, I’ll pass.

Q5. In the fourth book, The Goblet of Fire, the mermaids and mermen from the lake in the school grounds take from the champions of the Triwizard Tournament what they would miss most- a person who is dearest to them. Who do you think would be taken from you? [Don’t worry, all hostages are released at the end of the task.] :P

If their aim was to make me go after someone without a second thought, they would probably take my child.

Q6. Which word defines you best- brave, loyal, wise or ambitious?

Loyal.

Q7. An ‘Animagus’ is a person who can change into an animal, and back, at will. A ‘Metamorphmagus’ can change their appearance at will. What would you rather be, and why?

A ‘Metamorphmagus’, since I’m not really an animal person.

Q8. The Room of Requirement changes into the kind of place that the person needs to be in. What would it change into if you approached it?

Oh, that would depend a lot on the circumstances at that time.

Q9. The Philosopher’s Stone can turn any metal into gold, and its liquid form- the Elixir of Life- can grant immortality to the drinker. A Pensieve can be used as a vessel to store your thoughts in. A Time Turner can help you go back in time and change what you want to. Which one would you choose, and why?

Hmm, a Pensieve, I suppose, since I tend to forget people’s names and faces at times.

Q10. What would you want written on your epitaph?

"Yes you prefer the life of this world, but the next world is better & more lasting."

Q11. Sirius Black and James Potter had a magical mirror each, which they could talk into and see one another in; something that came in handy when they were stuck in different classrooms during detention. (Old fashioned Skype.)  Suppose you are in a world where there’s no technology and only one pair of such mirrors; you would, of course, keep one of them- who is the person you would give the other one to?

This is really, really tough. Honestly, I don’t know.


Swarnali and Arpita, I had a really fun time answering those questions!! A good Harry Potter refresher too!! Thanks for the award again!!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. You totally deserved the award, Fab!! Those were some amazing answers, it was so much fun reading them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Swarnali!! Those were some really introspective questions!

      Delete
  2. Congrats Fabida, ofcourse you deserve, you are fab ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beloved you definitely are Fabida. I loved all your answers and what an interesting bunch of questions they were. Congrats and rock on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you Swapna!! I agree, the questions were very good!!

      Delete
  4. You are a member at Parentous.com??? I saw your post there...left a comment as well...I loved it...was really well written
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Swarnali!! I should have put up the link on Facebook, silly me!!

      Delete
  5. congrats ans such interesting answers!!!

    happy eid!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete