Another pulao recipe!! Yup, you guessed it, rice is definitely a weakness with me!! (Which explains why my weight isn’t budging that easily :-))
What you’ll need: (2-3 servings)
1.5 cups long grained rice, washed and drained
1 Maggi chicken stock cube
½ cup green peas
300 g mince meat (meat of your choice)
1 tbsp oil
½ tbsp crushed ginger
½ tbsp crushed garlic
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 medium onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 green chilli chopped
What you’re going to do:
1. Heat the oil in a large pan or pressure cooker and add the onions and fry till golden brown.
2. Add the green chillies, ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a minute.
3. Add the tomatoes, cover and cook till mushy.
4. Add the spice powders and mix well. Fry for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the mince and fry on high heat, stirring continuously till the meat looks crumbly.
6. Add about ½ cup of water and cook on low heat, till done.
7. Add the green peas and cook on high heat till most of the water evaporates and the peas are soft (I used frozen peas). It shouldn’t be too dry, though.
8. Dissolve the Maggi cube in ½ cup of warm water and add this to a pan with 2.5 cups water in it. Bring to a boil.
9. Add the rice, salt if needed, juice of ½ a lime and lower the heat. Cover and cook till rice is done.
10. Stir in the kheema masala and mix well, so that no part of the rice is white.
11. Serve and Enjoy!!
Note: This is a dish with which it is very easy to go overboard, so serve some vegetables and fruits on the side to put a hold on your appetite! I served this with some cucumber raitha and stir fried baby corn and capsicum strips.
For vegetarians, I guess substituting the mince meat with minced soya chunks and the chicken stock cube with a vegetable version would work just as well. Try it out and let me know!